Hear for Life
There is so much you can do to help...
Our aim is to raise funds to provide equipment, support workshops for both professionals but also importantly for patients and families. Not forgetting the importance of supporting research and advancement of knowledge. To achieve this we rely solely on donations and your generosity.
What we have achieved
So far your donations have been supplied vital equipment and facilities such as Audiological
- screening otoacoustic emissions
- automated brain stem audiology screening tympanometer
- diagnostic otoacoustic auditory emissions
- visual re-enforced audiology tests
- Meg SS3 free field warbler
- diagnostic tympanometer
- aurical hearing aid test box
- biologic NAV Pro steady state evoked potential
- Specialised surgical drills and lasers
Assessing and reviewing
- Phoenix Speech tests
- POCIA MRC hearing aid hardware
- Video editing for monitoring and reviewing progress
- computers, adderlink boxes and printers
- Departmental of databases
- Surgical Video links for teaching
- AB Sound localization room
The jewel in the crown has obviously been the massive support we received which enabled us to design and build the LFLC
What we need
With continued support we would like to fund: Surgical
- £85K for specialised navigation surgery
- £10K for Endoscopic otological surgical sets
- Replacing older equipment
- Support staffing costs
- Helping with surveys
- Audiometers don’t last for ever! We plan to replace one each year – at an average cost of £5k
Workshops / teaching
- It is very important to offer continuous professional development to our staff and external professionals involved with YAIS patients.
How Can You Help?
- Donations and legacy gifts
- Raising funds by attending organized events or even holding your own event
- Sponsoring: Name plaques & Adverts online
- Contribute to HearSay
- Volunteering your time or skill
If you have an idea we would like to hear from you….